Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Anniversary!


Matt and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on June 21st! We had such an amazing time, I thought it was necessary to blog about it! I have the best husband in the world!!!
Well Matt decided months ago that he wanted to plan this anniversary and it was going to be a surprise! So back over Memorial Day weekend, we were down in Destin and I was sick as a dog and he said he needed to run an errand. Well when he got back, he walked in with a White House Black Market bag. He told me he had gotten me a surprise for our anniversary! I opened the bag and it was the most beautiful black cocktail dress IN MY SIZE!!!! I was shocked and SO excited!

So fast forward to Thursday June 19th. My parents came up for the weekend for Olivia's birthday and so that Matt and I could celebrate our anniversary! On Friday afternoon, it was time to go! I had packed a bag for the night, but had no idea what was in store!

We left the house, just the two of us, and headed downtown. He first took me to Adagio Day Spa and said he was dropping me off to get a facial and then he would be back for our couples massage! I may have to blog about how the facial went later (not so great, but kind of humorous), but the massage was AWESOME!!! After we were done, he drove us to the heart of downtown. I had no clue what was next. Well he pulled up to The Hermitage Hotel. OK let me just tell you, this hotel is just exquisite. Yes I said exquisite. The only thing I know to compare it to is the Waldorf Astoria in NYC or maybe a Ritz Carlton. It was so gorgeous, I wish I could've had more time to explore the whole thing!
But instead we went straight up to our room on the top floor! Matt got the romance package with a Jr. Suite! (OK side note: so this is not normal. We are usually very conscious about getting a great deal on pretty much everything. This was a VERY SPECIAL OCCASION!) We had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting, a ginormous bathroom, turn-down service with robes and slippers and chocolates on our pillows. Not just any chocolates, I'm talkin truffles or something really fancy like that! :)




So we had a couple hours before dinner so we relaxed and took our time getting ready. I decided to give Matt his present then because I didn't want to have to wait until dinner. I got him a pen. Yep that's right, a pen. Makes me laugh as I'm writing this. But it was not just any ordinary pen. It is a magical pen that cost more than my first car payment. But in his line of work, it is very special to have a pen like this and it is something he has always wanted, so I decided it was time to get it for him! He was SO excited!!! He loved it to say the least!



So we left for dinner, all dressed up, and pulled up at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. This is probably our favorite place to eat. (Watermark is a very close second if not tied.) We had a great dinner, ate WAY too much, and finished with 3 desserts! I can't help myself. So midway through dinner Matt gave me my anniversary present.....in a turquoise box with a white bow. My first Tiffany!

It wouldn't have mattered what was inside really. I was in shock. But just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I opened the box and there was the most beautiful diamond bracelet I have ever seen in my life. Not only was it absolutely perfect, it was significant. 5 diamonds for 5 years. I wear it everyday! I love it!!





So we were debating on whether or not we were going to try to venture out for a night on the town and decided a good nights sleep was much more enticing! So we went back to the hotel and walked in to a room filled with rose petals! Beautiful! The next morning we got room service and had breakfast in bed and then I took a very long, relaxing bubble bath in the HUGE bathroom! This place is just phenomenal!




So after all that, it was time to go home and see our beautiful daughters! We had the most amazing time and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Thank you so much Matt for planning and creating the most memorable weekend of my life! I love you with all my heart!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one hot mama in that black dress! Girl, I had no idea you had a blog. You should have told me. I saw a link from you to me and had to check it out. So glad I did. And can I just say that I never got anything for my anniversary ever! You are such a great couple. I'm so jealous and happy for you at the same time. :)